Jeffry R. Cook
Email: [email protected]
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Jeffry R. Cook is a partner at Fontana Law Group representing government contractors and subcontractors on a full range of issues, including contract claims and disputes, bid protests, teaming and subcontract issues, data rights and intellectual property issues, export control compliance and DCAA/DCMA audit disputes. Jeffry also has experience advising small business clients with certification issues for 8(a), SDVOSB and other similar programs. He also is experienced with directing False Claims Act and sensitive internal investigations.
Prior to joining Fontana Law Group, Jeffry was an attorney at several other law firms including Wiley Rein. Jeffry is admitted to the Virginia State Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Jeffry earned his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Bethany College and his Juris Doctor degree, with high honors, from The George Washington University Law School.
Originally from Napa, California, Jeffry now lives in Alexandria, Virginia with his wife Kate and daughter Ellison.
- Litigates bid protests before the GAO, the Court of Federal Claims and agency forums.
- Counsels clients on the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and export control regulations.
- Represents clients with claims against the government.
- Reviews and develops company compliance materials.
- Defends government contractors from False Claims Act allegations.
- Assists clients in drafting requests for equitable adjustment.
- Represents commercial clients in contract negotiations.
- Assists clients with DCAA/DCMA audit disputes.